CALL FOR ADMISSION INTO MASTER OF SCIENCE IN GLOBAL SANITATION
University of Livingstonia (UNILIA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to enrol into its Master of Science Degree in Global Sanitation commencing in August, 2021 as here below;
This programme has a one year taught course work on a modular-basis. The delivery of modules will be on a block realese of specified duration spread throughout the first year. The second year will be for students to do own research that will lead to an examinable thesis.
Location: Kaning’ina Campus, in the City of Mzuzu at about 0.5 km from the Mzuzu to Nkhata Bay road at Mtwaro Flats.
Duration: Two (2) years
Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Food Security and Nutrition, Environmental Management, Education Sciences, Community Development and other health related fields from an accredited institution.
- Fees structure for the programme
Fees will be MK3,000,000 for th entire programme, i.e. MK750,000 per Semester for Malawian nationals and US$5,200 for the entire programme, broken into US$1,300 per Semester for foreign students.
- The collection and determination of catering fees is solely in the hands of service providers. Students will be expected to pay directly to service providers for their food. Details of payments will be provided in the offer letter.
- Details of fees payment will be communicated in admission letters.
- Applicants should pay a non-refundable application fee of MK15,000 into the bank account below:
Account Number : 027 23 78334
Account Name : University of Livingstonia
Bank : First Capital Bank (FCB)
Branch : MZUZU
- Method of payment of fees per Semester
- Upon admission into the programmes, students should pay half of the required fees per semester in order to be registered. The fees balance should be paid in at least two instalments.
- Students are required to deposit fees to the bank and produce the deposit slip during registration.
- Related costs such as meals, book allowances, field research and medical cover will be the student’s responsibility.
- The Council of the University of Livingstonia reserves the right to amend all fees during the course of the academic year.
- The University does not use an agent in recruitment of its students and payment of fees.
- Application Forms
Application forms can be accessed on the University website (www.unilia.ac.mw), University Central Office or the faculty offices at Laws, Kaning’ina and Ekwendeni.
- Additional information
Admitted candidates will be required to respect and abide by the Christian values as practiced by the CCAP Synod of Livingstonia.
For additional information or any enquiries pertaining the MSc Programme should be addressed or directed to the following contacts:
The Postgrauduate Coordinator, Rev. Dr. Colby Kumwenda
Phone: +265 0882450944
The Programme Coordinator, Mary Kumwanje:
Phone: +265 0888611125
Emai: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission of applications
Applications must be sent by post, email or in person to the following address by 10th August, 2021.
P.O. Box 112, Mzuzu.
Any other enquiries should be addressed to the University Registrar, Tel: 01311, 111; 01311 615 or email@example.com
To inspire learners through relevant education, quality and innovative teaching, research and consultancy, and learning environment, the University of Livingstonia shall develop principled leaders who shall transform society for the glory of God