University of Livingstonia (UNILIA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to enrol into its undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes as outlined below;
Download the January, 2022 Intake Advert here Admission for January, 2022 Advert
Download the Admission Form here Application Form January, 2022
|CAMPUS, FACULTY AND PROGRAMMES||ENTRY REQUIREMENTS||DURATION|
|LAWS CAMPUS PROGRAMMES||
|A. FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|1. Bachelor of Education in Science
|2. Bachelor of Education in Humanities
|3. Bachelor of Education in Information and Communication Technology||
|4. University Certificate in Education (UCE)||
· The Programme starts in June/July.
|B. FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES|
|5. Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management||
|6. Bachelor of Science in Public Health||
|7. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering||
2 or 3 years
|8. Bachelor of Science in Food Security and Nutrition||
|EKWENDENI CAMPUS PROGRAMMES|
|A. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|9. Bachelor of Social Science in Human Rights||
|10. Bachelor of Social Science in development Studies||
|B. FACULTY OF THEOLOGY|
|11. Diploma in Theology||
|12. Bachelor of Theology||
|13. Bachelor of Theology (Upgrading)||
|14. Bachelor of Arts in Theology and Development Studies||
|15. Bachelor of Arts in Theology and Gender Studies||
|Both the Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree in Theology are offered as Generic or Open Distance Learning (ODL)|
|KANING’INA CAMPUS PROGRAMMES|
|A. FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES|
|16. Bachelor of Accountancy||
|17. Bachelor of Business Management||
|18. Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Development Communication.||
Note: All Programmes at Kaning’ina Campus are offered as Generic, Evening and Weekends.
- POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- EKWENDENI CAMPUS
Faculty of Theology
- Master of Arts in Theology and Religious Studies
- Master of Arts in Theology and Gender Studies
- Master of Arts in Theology and Development Studies
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, or Education (Humanities), or Social and Development Studies with credit or equivalent fields from an accredited institution. The programmes will be offered through both Coursework and Research, or by Research only.
- Masters by Coursework and Research will be done in two years, with one year dedicated to coursework on the campus, while the second year to research.
- Masters by Research will be completed in three years, through extensive research work and writing of modules
- KANING’INA CAMPUS
- Master of Science in Global Sanitation
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Food Security and Nutrition, Environmental Management, Education Sciences, Community Development and other health related fields from an accredited institution.
- This programme is on full time basis and by course work and research only for 2 years.
- FEES STRUCTURE PER SEMESTER:
- Local students shall pay MK585, 000 (residential) and MK505, 000 (non-residential). International students shall pay US$1, 135, 00 (residential) and US$695 (non-residential).
- Fees for UCE is MK250, 000 per Semester.
- Fees for Weekend release and Evening classes is MK450, 000. Programmes in the Weekend and Evening are offered on non-residential basis.
- National Postgraduate students shall pay MK1, 500,000 per year by coursework, and MK1, 300,000 by research (Theology only). SADC students shall pay $2,400 and International students will pay $2,600 by Course work and US$2,500 by research.
All applicants are required to provide proof of previous education. Copies of notification of results, transcripts and diplomas or certificates in the application where necessary.
- Students shall be expected to pay directly to outsourced service providers for their food. The collection and determination of catering fees is solely in the hands of the outsourced service providers.
- The University does not use an agent in recruitment of students and payment of fees (i.e. does not use Airtel Money, Mpamba, Mukuru, Hello Paisa and etc.).
- Students for Public Health should have a registration fee of MK10, 000 for the Medical Council of Malawi paid once in the First Semester in Year 1 for the entire academic cycle.
- Details of fees payment shall be communicated in admission letters.
- The semester commences on 7th February, 2022.
- All admitted candidates shall be required to respect and abide by the Christian values as practiced by the CCAP Synod of Livingstonia.
- Applicants should pay a non-refundable application fee of MK10,000 for undergraduates programmes and MK15,000 for postgraduate programmes to the bank account below:
|Account Number||027 23 78334|
|Account Name||University of Livingstonia|
|Bank||First Capital Bank (FCB)|
- METHOD OF PAYMENT OF FEES PER SEMESTER
- All applicants should provide proof of capability to pay the required fees.
- Upon admission into the programmes, students should pay half of the required fees per semester in order to be registered. The fees balance should be paid in at least two instalments.
- Students are required to deposit fees to the bank and produce the deposit slip during registration.
- The University follows a policy of “No Fees, No admission”.
- The Council of the UNILIA reserves the right to amend all fees during the course of the academic year.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- Application forms can be accessed on the University website (unilia.ac.mw) and all University offices. Use an application letter where the application forms are not available.
- Attach two passport size photographs
- Applicants must provide proof of previous education in form of copies of notification of results or certificates.
- Filled forms or letters should be sent by post or in person to:
The University Registrar,
- All enquiries pertaining to academic programmes should be directed to the following contacts:
|Education||0994 588 751 or
0886 269 822
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Applied Sciences||0884 231 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Social Sciences||0999 567 992 or
0888 567 299
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Theology||0881 353 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Business and Communication Studies||0994 251 044
0882 990 560
The closing date for receiving applications is 10th December, 2021.
Any other enquiries should be addressed to the University Registrar, Tel: 01311 615 or email@example.com
To inspire learners through relevant education, quality and innovative teaching, research and consultancy, and learning environment, the University of Livingstonia shall develop principled leaders who shall transform society for the glory of God.