The Faculty of Theology is offered at Ekwendeni Campus, 38 kilometres North of Mzuzu City. The Faculty has been part of the University since its inception in 2003. It offers the following post-graduate programmes:
- Masters in Theology and Religious Studies
- Masters in Theology and Gender Studies
- Masters in Theology and Development Studies
The Faculty also offers the following undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, Development Studies
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, in Human Rights
- Bachelor of Theology by Distance Learning
- Bachelor of Theology and Development Studies
- Diploma in Theology
The objectives of this Programme are to:
- produce graduates capable of practicing computer engineering to serve Malawi and the regional industries, government agencies, or national and international industries;
- produce graduates with the necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in one or more of the following areas: computer hardware and software design, computer-based systems, computer network design, system integration, electronic design automation;
- prepare graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and team environments;
- prepare graduates capable of entering and succeeding in an advanced degree program in a field such as engineering, science, or business;
- produce graduates with the necessary background and technical skills conduct research in related computer technologies;
- produce entrepreneurship-oriented graduates who are able to provide products and services to the community.
- develop and apply analytical skills and knowledge in enhancing Food Security and Nutrition in Malawi and beyond;
- gain basic awareness, appreciation, and appropriate understanding of the food and nutrition systems, their relationships to the broad economy, traditions, and cultural experiences of Malawi and the region;
- provide leadership to other institutions in dealing with food security and nutrition systems in their increasingly diverse and technology-intensive processes;
- develop a critical understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of food security and nutrition to create diversity in meeting and exceed challenges of ensuring a sustainable food and nutrition system to continue feeding the populace sustainably;
- conduct research and provide consultancy services to the relevant agencies and organizations.
- Applicants must have a full MSCE or its equivalent with six (6) credits, including English, Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Applicants with Diploma in Computer Engineering and/or equivalent may be exempted in first year, provided they covered a strong theoretical and practical foundation in digital fundamentals programming, systems analysis and design and other courses offered in the lower years at a recognised institution.
- Applicants are required to poses a laptop computer.
- Applicants should have a full MSCE or its equivalent with six (6) credits, including English and any of the following: Physical Science, Biology, and Geography. Mathematics.
- Applicants with Diploma in Food Security and Nutrition related courses from recognised institutions will be enrolled either in 2nd year or 3rd year following scrutiny of their transcripts – Duration 2 years
- Those with certificates in related courses will be admitted in first year – Duration 4 years